- High sodium in fast food and the option to large servings contribute much to obesity as well as cardiovascular diseases.
- Obesity is not only bad for your physical appearance, it can also lead to health problems including heart disease and reduced life expectancy.
Kidney and Cardiovascular Diseases
- additives and preservatives are harmful to the human body.
- Some of the preservatives have been known to contain carcinogenic materials which can cause cell damage and may lead to certain types of cancer if taken in excessive amount or frequency.
Irregular Timing of Eating
- Fast food can be consumed at any time or some time twice or thrice a day, while home cooked food is served at proper time which provides opportunity to take rest after eating.
Lack of Essential Nutrients
- Fast food does not fulfill all needs of body and sometime causes disorder.
- Foods rich in fat are reason for many diseases related to heart, blood vessels, liver and many more. It also increases the level of stress.
- Processed foods, such as junk foods and fast foods, contain synthetic additives – preservatives, emulsifiers, thickeners, stabilizers and flavor-enhancers.